The 52 acre farm is perfect for walking your dog directly from the cottages.
We have paths mown through our fields, the orchard and into the wet wood where there are a million new smells for your dog to discover along with streams, woodland and large open spaces to run free. There may be some livestock on two of the four main fields but there will always be 30 acres or so of freedom and exploration for your dog.
To make your dogs stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible we provide the following:
- Dog crate in the cottage, with a sherpa cage mat.
- A Dicky bag. These are great to avoid having to carry the filled poop bags in your hands, yes you get to keep it, comes with bio poo bags.
- Dog bowls, dog treats, food mats and poop bags are also provided.
- Doggy Rocks provided in water bowls to avoid yellow patches on the lawns.
- Throws provided for covering the furniture.
- Pet towels provided.
- Separate bin for the doggy poop bags.
- A map of the walks at Higher Wiscombe.
- A Guide to dog friendly walks, including along the coastal path, The East Devon Way and which beaches are dog friendly at which time of year.
- A guide to dog friendly attractions.
- Emergency dog food supplies.
- Outside tap and brush for the really muddy characters.
- Stair gate.
We do make a small charge of £25 for dogs per cottage, per stay. You can bring 2 dogs per cottage unless agreed otherwise, just in case the dogs are too large for the cottage, or there are already a lot of dogs booked in. We’ll try to say yes, and we only charge for the first dog per cottage. Always best to check first as we can be flexible. As part of the booking you are required to sign the terms and conditions, these include you agreeing to adhere to our “Doggy Code of Conduct”, which is essential in keeping our cottages in pristine, clean condition for all our guests.